Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

MORNING MAYHEM

It’s that time of year again, the time when you hang out with your friends and family and make gingerbread houses and cell models and have big, fancy, delicious dinners. Ah, what a wonderful time. Oh wait, I just said cell models… yeah because I’m still a bit salty that my biology teacher gave us our quarter project three weeks before the due date. Ugh, is all I have to say. 

Well, winter break has been super fun! I made an animal cell out of clay and just, I mean just finished my essay about “The Cell Theory and the men who created it” so yay for me. I’m also in Holyoke, Massachusetts right now with my younger cousin Cosmo and my two aunts. Their cat, Little, is also cuddled up next to me as I’m writing this. Aesthetic goals, I know, I know.

Although, the plane ride over to Massachusetts was kind of stressful to say the least. Sit back, relax, and enjoy my quickly written story about my worst traveling experience to this day. Well, first, we left the house at 6 A.M. which isn’t too bad, except for the part that halfway to the airport my mom realized that she had forgotten her phone at home. So, we turned around and started heading back to our house. I ran inside to grab the phone from the counter and lovely enough, found it not in the spot that my mom said it would be in. By this time it’s around 6:15 and our plane left at 7:30… I ran outside and told my mom the... bad news. We all start freaking out and finally, brilliant me, decided that it might be a good idea to call the phone instead of running around looking for it. We didn't hear it anywhere inside the house so we ran back out to the car and found my little sister holding the phone yelling, “It was in the car! It was in here!” Instant. Face. Palm. I guess it was too early in the morning to function and I’m still mad at all of us for not thinking of calling her phone earlier. 

Basically me when we found out the phone was in the car the entire time...
GIF Courtesy: Reaction Gifs

The next unfortunate incident that happened was that on the way to the airport my dad sighed and said, “The car has been in four-wheel drive this entire time.” MORE FACE PALMING. We were driving on the highway going 80 MPH while the freaking car was in FOUR-WHELL DRIVE?! FML.

Finally, FINALLY, we arrived at the airport. My mom, sister and I were all welcomed by a wonderful surprise... the line to check in luggage was a TWENTY. MINUTE. WAIT. But, thank god that there was this guy who could check them in right away for $8. Best $8 ever spent.

YES! More bad news!!! The line for security was probably another ten minute wait. Ugh! Could this morning get any worse?! Thankfully we all got onto the plane literally five minutes before it left and I am now in Massachusetts for the next week.

Okay, well I hope you enjoyed this little story about my worst traveling experience, and hopefully the last bad traveling experience story that you will hear from me...

2 comments:

  1. ahaha you guys suck at airports

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the pain of the cell model! It was terrible. Also, my family and I travel a lot, so we have had a lot of bad airport experiences! Some of them are super funny and others are pretty close calls ahha.

    ReplyDelete