Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

WHO I WANT TO BE

“Become the person you would fall in love with.” Right now, I should be studying for an ecology final, but I obviously am not and it’s almost 8:30 at night. I’m sitting in my bed, wrapped in a blanket, listening to The Blue Van (which I never listen to, but I wanted to listen to something new) and well, writing this blog post. I’ll be honest, the only reason I’m writing this is so I can meet the required amount of posts so I can pass my English class. 

This isn’t the way I want to be.

I want to be a person who looks forward to Mondays. A person who gives and doesn’t need to receive anything in return. A person who never procrastinates. A person who never ridicules anyone else, no matter what. A person who does it for themselves and no one else. A person who dreams way, too, big.

But, I’m working on it. And you should too. 

I believe in second chances. I think everyone deserves them, including you. You need to care for yourself. And I’m guilty of not. I care about people so much I tend to forget about myself. Clear your mind. Take a deep breathe. Think. Sit and think of all the things you want to improve on. It doesn’t have to be something as simple as math. It can be, “I want to go to bed earlier, so I can wake up, refreshed, ready to take on the world and everyone in it.” Great. Start out by going to bed 30 minutes early every night, until you get there, to your goal.

People seem to think the only way to accomplish something is to do it as fast as you can, so you can say, “I did it” before the person next to you. Everything and anything good takes time. Don’t believe me? Why do you think it takes nine months for a child to be born, because if it took seven days, there would be nothing to it. You would look forward to something for six days, and then on the seventh, it’s over. When you get to that ninth month, you’re probably so relieved and so, so excited to see your baby, it was worth it. Also, college, and any school in general. Why do you think it takes four years to graduate high school? Because you will get nothing out of a single month of school. Nothing. All of those stressful nights when you wanted to give up, all paid off for something. A chance. A chance to make all your dreams come true.

Please, just remember to take care of yourself. Get up, grab some earbuds, turn on your favorite song and take a walk. Bring your dog with you. Spend sometime somewhere else. Go on an adventure, even if that means walking up a hill and watching the sunset with your best friend.  

And, don’t ever be afraid to take risks. You choose your own destiny. 

In all, be the person you owns fifty rescued animals. Be the person who writes a book about their life, not leaving out a single detail. Be the person who takes pictures of everything. Be the person you would fall in love with. 

Here's a picture I took when I was taking a walk on a beach in Massachusetts, pondering life, and trying to be artsy.

2 comments: